Tuesday, September 8, 2009

The new 'it' word


(Above: Handmade Sterling Silver Daisy brooch with Yellow Topaz gemstone, designed by Olivia Antoinette Duke)

I have to admit, I am an addict to glossy magazines and ofcourse one of my dreams is for my work to appear on the front page on a regular basis! Ok ok, I am working on it! I will save that rant for another blog!

What I have noticed, is the new buzz phrase 'Recessionista', all encompassing, one word - people like myself, who are caught out in this recession but are still fabulous, fashionable with affordable clothing...its quite hard from the designers' perspective, boutiques that housed our creations, once fabulous, are now in disrepute. Businesses on hold due to not enough buying power. So having created a luxury range, I am faced with the severity of the recession and the millions of people it has affected, and left with the challenging task of finding the right distributor and customers for my collection.

So with my recessionista hat on, I look forward to continuing to promote work and increase my customer base!!!!!!!!!! Wish me luck and a HUGE change in our economy!

No comments:

Post a Comment