Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Lingerie Exhibition

I recently went to the lingerie exhibition at the Fashion Textile Museum, at London Bridge. I didn't know what to expect, or if I would find the answers to many of my unanswered questions, of how will I get my designs and name out into the public stratosphere, and I was stunned by the variety of designs, and their progression from the late nineteenth century onwards. I was impressed by how the emancipation of women economically and socially directly affected the underwear they wore, and the detail on some of the pieces (below) was spectacular.



It was interesting how the iconic corset has re-manifested itsef and formed into body suits and bras


...and re-invented as a sexy and glamorous staple:



I was also amazed to see the differing types of designs, and some futuristic pieces:



In my next blog I will be dissecting the differing designs...xx

No comments:

Post a Comment