Tuesday, September 15, 2009

My initial Designs

Ohh the weather is terrible, it is the type of weather, that encourages plenty of hibernation! As I cannot hibernate, I have been working on some designs for my project. As I have mentioned, I am self taught in all aspects of design, jewellery making and sewing! I have been thinking and churning ideas in my head, and came up with the following rough sketch! I love lines, and the way you can manipulate them. The lines represent folds/gatherings in mind for the dress. They will come from various points on the dress with no uniform starting point.


(Copyright Olivia Duke designs 2009)


I want this dress to be able to fit a beautiful woman with some high definition curves on her. Being larger than the 'average' size 10/2, it can be difficult to find a beautiful dress/outfit without looking like a potato sack. Although there are good shops out there, stocking clothing for curvier women like myself, it can be disheartening when you see a beautiful purple dress you want to fit so badly, but it doesn't, even in your size!!!!!!! (that happened to me on the weekend!)

I will sketch some more designs. The aim, is to make them come to life!

No comments:

Post a Comment